- being able to do what I love as a profession
- that I'm in a really great marriage
- Maggie time (most Saturdays she comes over for a few hours to create, connect, giggle and affirm - there is just no smack talk, scheming or whining when we get together - its not in our nature...)
- Today is grandparents day at school and both of my kids have a grandparent in their class with them all day to watch their plays, go to chapel, hear them sing and eat a picnic lunch with
- that I lived in Africa
- that I don't have to drive to San Francisco...i take 2 different trains and end up a block from my classroom.
- That my school has provided me with 2 hours a week of free tutoring so I can find my voice.
- that I believe that there is a power greater than myself who is with me always
- the extraordinary generosity that has been shown to me and my family over these last few months.
- the amazing relationships I have with ppl ac cross the country that are almost exclusively maintained over the Internet.
- Heather for showing me another path...it may seem silly but you changed the course of my life
- Kimmy and Jen - I love that over distance and time we have kept our friendships so strong. you are part of my family really and I treasure that.
- That the park is across the street, the farmers market is 1 block away every Sunday and I can see Michaels from the sidewalk in front of my house.
- That Emily and Dan live so close
- Lindsey - she is a gift in so many ways
- Glee- that show just makes me happy.
- pumpkin pie
- Our gardener Nate who offered to discount our bill when he heard Tim had lost his job and has given us several free months because he came into some money (none of this was requested...he just did it because he's an incredible man) Its the gesture not the money...he makes me want to be a better person
Thursday, November 12, 2009
OK I'm on the fly because I have to catch an early train to school so here is my day 2 list...