Monday, July 2, 2012

Cricut cartridge list of content - Animal Kingdom

This is a comprehensive overview of the Cricut Cartridge, Animal Kingdom. I have included a little about the sample that you find on the back of the cartridge, a bit on the handbook pages, and, at the bottom of the entry, a spreadsheet that lists all of the images and words/phrases on Animal Kingdom-  with their page numbers. 
 First lets take a look at the sample sheet which is designed to give you a general idea of the content on the cartridge.  You can find this on the back of the box. You should note that the sample does not show ALL of the content as is the case with all of the sample sheets designed by Provocraft.  To see all the images, phrases, fonts, words, projects, cards and/ or paper designs (depending on the type of cartridge) you will need to review the handbook.  
I don't like these types of samples where the layers are monochromatic. I like to see the layers in different colors so I can get a better sense of the dimensions. The handbook is also bland with this cartridge, which is unfortunate because each image has a number of cool options. 


 This is a page out of the Animal Kingdom cartridge handbook. You can view the entire handbook as a PDF, by clicking here. Each image includes:
  • a full body/ side profile of the animal and a front view of the head - both have a second layer (that is accessed with the shift key) for dimension. 
  • a welded phrase associated with the sound the animal makes
  • a bookmark with the side profile of the animal welded to the top
  • a border with a second layer
  • a shadow for the side profile image with a second layer 
  • a blackout for the side profile image with a second layer 
The border option only shows 3 horses welded together.  In order to get a long border for larger pages like 12 x 12 paper, you can cut multiples of the border image and line them up along the edge or you can use Design Studio, Gypsy or Cricut Craft Room to weld multiple copies of the border image together  To learn more about welding with Design Studio, click here, welding with Gypsy, click here and welding with Cricut Craft Room, click here (these are all excellent youtube video tutorials.)

Below is a table with a list of the words/ expressions and a list of the images on the cartridge. The list is sorted alphabetically and has the page number for each line item.  If you would like a pdf of this information, you can download it by clicking here:   

I used the files created by Linda Scott , creator of the CricutCheat Sheet, as the meat and potatoes for this spreadsheet  My contribution is the page numbers along with a few extra items here and there.  You can get a copy of the original cheatsheet. which has all of the cartridges by joining the Yahoo Group CricutCheatSheet. I *love* this database but I added on the page numbers because once I knew which cartridge to go to, I spent a lot of time flipping through the books to see if the image/ phrase/ word was what I was looking for. I will be posting a new cartridge daily with this information.  If you find any errors in the spreadsheet, please let me know so I can correct them. If you would like to share this information on your blog, instead of copy and pasting this info, please paste a link to my site. Thanks so much and have a great Monday!


6 comments:

  1. Me, again! I'd LOVe to have the spreadsheet version of Animal Kingdom.

    Many thanks for your great efforts and hard work!

    kastenc at sbcglobal dot net

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is great! I would love to have a copy of it.

    kckid68 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for all of your hard work on this and for sharing so many links! Found you through the Cricut MB. Now a follower! :) ~Jen http://happyplaceforjen.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. How do you use the Head feature on this cart, it doesn't seem to correlate to any of the other shapes? Please email me since I am trying to make a penguin theme card for my grandson who turns two in a week! :-)

    carolcarratt@msn.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. How do you use the Head feature on this cart, it doesn't seem to correlate to any of the other shapes? Please email me since I am trying to make a penguin theme card for my grandson who turns two in a week! :-)

    carolcarratt@msn.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Carol - The head feature is an independent piece of artwork and isn't meant to go with any of the other images. To cut the head you select layer 1 and to cut the layer that gives it dimension, you select layer 1 + shift. i hope that helps :o)

    ReplyDelete