Monday, September 3, 2012

Comprehensive overview of the Cricut cartridge Just Because Cards

Today we are going to take a look at the Cricut Cartridge, "Just Because Cards" in a different format than my other cartridge overviews.  I had a difficult time getting to know this cartridge because the completed card images in the handbook are itty bitty. I had a hard time envisioning a completed project and since  the phrases are more specific to card captions I did not invest a lot of time playing with it.  Now, after doing a boat load of investigating, Just Because Cards has become a much more exciting cartridge.  I hope you will think so too.

Above is the Sample Provocraft places on the back of the cartridge box to show you all of the primary images available to you. Each of the primary images are designed to go with their corresponding phrases as a pun or tongue and cheek kind of caption.  Truth be told, many of these types of sentiments do not appeal to me so originally, I dismissed the entire design and turned the page of my handbook.  Now I am more able to see each page as a collection of different images reminding myself of the expression I discussed last Friday... "Take what you need and leave the rest." Below is a link to a quick reference sheet with all of the phrases on this cartridge. If you find any errors in the  reference sheet, please let me know so I can correct them. If you would like to share this information on your blog, instead of copy and pasting this info, please paste a link to my site.

 

This is a long blog entry because I show all of the pages from the handbook and, in all but 2 cases, provide an example of a completed card created by one of the many talented crafters I discovered on the internet. The photos vary in quality, size and angle but I think it is really valuable to show you what you can do with real life examples. Under each photo, I include the artist's name and a link to the source where you can more information including step by step instructions, and many more of their amazing creations!
This is page 24  where the cartridge contents begin.



Page 25


 Page 26

Page 27


Page 28




   Creations with Christina Thomas

 Page 30

 
 By ODonna at ODonnaSmith.

 Page 31


 By ODonna at ODonnaSmith.

Page 32 


  By ODonna at ODonnaSmith.

 Page 33


Page 34

 
 By Joy at Everyday Cricut

 Page 35


Page 36


Page 37

 

Page 38
  
 
  By ODonna at ODonnaSmith.

 Page 40

 
By ODonna at ODonnaSmith.

Page 41


Page 42

 Tutus Love Sneakers

Page 43


 Page 44

 Stephanie at Stephanie's @ Designs

Page 45

Page 46

Sarah at Sarah's Scrap Shack


Page 47
 
Stacey at Stacey's Creative Corner

Page 48

Joy at Obsessed with Scrapbooking


Page 49


 

Page 50



Donna at Stampin and Scrapin with Donna Lee

Page 51

Marilyn's Cricut Cards

Page 52


Page 53


Page 54

Marissa at Heartfelt and Handmade

Page 55

 
Page 56



By ODonna at ODonnaSmith.

Page 57

 Aphra Bolyer at Cricut Blog
 
Page 58


 Jenn at Jenn's World

Page 59



Page 62



No sample - so sorry :o(

Page 65


Page 66

Shelly at Creativity Wannabee

Page 67

Laurie at Stamping Up North

Page 68


Page 69


 
Page 70


 Kimberly at My Craft Spot

Page 71


Made by cricutcrazyscrapper

 Page 72


 Peggy at Create with Bubbe


Page 73


Becky at Scrap Circus 

It took me 3 days (working when the kids were occupied) to locate all of these samples.  It was a lot of research but I learned so much.  I am really impressed with all of the Cricut focused sites I found during my treasure hunt and encourage you to pop over to see more of their work - it is so inspiring!  

With each page you get the following:
  • the primary image and all of its layers
  • the phrase and its shadow
  • a "sticker" which consists of a circle layer and an icon layer
  • a stencil which consists of a mat and a negative cut of the phrase (negative meaning an identical sized mat with the phrase cut out so when you stack it on the mat, the phrase is filled with the mat color)
  • the cuts for the card and for a mat/ border / accent to layer on the card.
Here is a list of all of the images and phrases on this cartridge with their page numbers.  If you find any errors in the spreadsheet, please let me know so I can correct them. If you would like to share this information on your blog, instead of copy and pasting this info, please paste a link to my site. The spreadsheet below is saved as a JPEG but you can download a PDF version of Just Because Cards here:

16 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for featuring my card.. Everyone's cards were fabulous too..

    Scrappy hugs,
    Amanda :0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you are so welcome. You are so talented! thank you for popping over. have a great day!

      Delete
  2. WOW! What a wonderfully comprehensive review of this cartridge! TFS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is my pleasure! I am really glad the overview is helpful!

      Delete
  3. WOW! What an amazing showcase! I pinned it for future reference. You did a LOT of work putting this together! Thanks so much for showcasing my card:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your card is fabulous! I'm so happy you pinned my blog. i hope to connect with you again.

      Delete
  4. You are so amazing! All the work you have put into such a wonderful display of this cartridge is so appreciated. I am planning on spending the next hour on your blog exploring more of your amazing work. Thank you for all you do.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you have a real card/project for each page! What a great resource! Thanks for featuring my card. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh, I am so blessed and thrilled by all your information. I am at a lost in doing things and not sure of myself so I try and follow you. You are the greatest.
    I did learn that I better put where an image (what cartridge)came from when I download it because I forget and have to look, look for it. Now I always put the name of the cartridge beside the image of a card so I don't spend so much time hunting for it. Thanks a million for everything. Phyllis/fefelu

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome thAnk you very much for doing this very helpful

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, what a lot of work this must have been, pulling together all the examples and presenting the pages in a clear way for us. Thank you for doing this!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are so awesome!!! Thank you so much for sharing all of this!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Does anyone know what the three fonts are that are used to write the sayings on this cartridge? I know that Country Life and Paper Lace are used, but cannot locate the third, which is the "lemons" in "when life gives you lemons" saying.

    ReplyDelete
  11. All the work you have put into such a wonderful display of this cartridge is so Research Proposal Writing Service appreciated. I am planning on spending the next hour on your blog exploring more of your amazing work.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It is so wonderful of you for sharing the knowledge you have with everyone else. Your blog kept me hooked from the beginning till the end and the words you have chosen were easy to understand.
    Source: go step web

    ReplyDelete