I'm very new to collage so this was a total stretch for me. Here is how I did it:
The standard size for ATC cards is 3 1/2" x 2 1/2". I used acrylic paper as my foundation. I stained the cards with a mixture of water and ginger alcohol ink by mixing the two (3/4 ink, 1/4 water) in a mister and spraying my craft mat. I dabbed up the puddle with the ATC card and then set it aside to dry.
Then I selected the images I wanted to include in the collage. Here is a list of everything I used and how I prepared it
- I tore up some vintage theater tickets
- I cut and inked pieces of a vintage sheet of music and a magazine article.
- I distressed measuring tape ribbon bits with ink and the above spray mixture
- I used stickers of vintage postage stamps
- I cut up several sheets of "Graphic 45" scrapbook paper - the Times Nouveau collection - which provided me with the women I used as the focal point, the shoe images and the crossword puzzles
- I used pieces of K and Co. paper lace adhesive tape (Saffron collection)
- I stamped and embossed with Hampton Art "Paris Memories", then added color with water color pencils and a water brush and finally cut up the images into smaller pieces
- I printed a Tessha Moore Image onto transparencies (1" x 2")