Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Challenges

Challenges - They are everywhere today. I've got one running on my blog (Gratitude Album Challenge), one in my kitchen (a clogged sink) and one in kindergarten (- he's 5 and 3/4 and cannot stop making sound effects of giving or being punched, shooting, crashing and/or fast motors -btw, I googled this "condition" and found nothing on the subject.) I have another challenge on my head (my bangs are too long), one in my car (cheese-it bag explosion) and one Big, Fat challenge sitting my desk:


This is my latest homework assignment for my Analysis of Form class. Draw Einstein (or is this Walter Matthau playing Einstein?) from a black and white photograph and bring the piece to life with your own voice. An interesting drawing assignment right? Now look at this...


Yes, he is up-side-down on purpose - I'm supposed to draw him this way. Yea - I'm going to have to call this one as a challenge. I know that this is a commen technique used to train an artist to see the lines and values rather than the picture as a whole, but this guy starts out with an IQ of 180 and has the mug to match. I'm thinking, if I have to use my voice to bring him to life, I'm going to need my mind to see the whole picture, right? Well, we'll just have to see....

I know one thing for sure. If I approach it as "an opportunity to learn" rater than "a challange", I'm bound to do better. It is that glass-half-empty vs. glass-half-full thing. (sigh...another challenge - having a positive attitude.)

No comments:

Post a Comment