Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Sometimes the universe screams "YES"

Yesterday was a fabulous day. I felt validated as an artist on so many levels. It felt like a meteor shower of possibilities and affirmation! The universe seemed to be screaming "YES!"

It started with an email from Lori at www.fabricatedfamily.etsy.com informing me that one of my items had been included in her "Grace Kelly" themed treasury on Etsy (http://www.etsy.com/treasury_list.php?room_id=70861).
What is the Treasury?
The Treasury is a member-curated gallery of short-lived lists of 12 hand-picked items each. Members can feature their favorite items, items selected on a theme or just whoever they like. The Treasury is not intended for self-promotion, but instead to acknowledge and share the many cool things for sale on Etsy. Admin often choose an exceptional Treasury list to promote to the the homepage hand-picked items.
Being included made me feel like I'm officially in the Etsy shop owner club plus I felt it validated my photographs and merchandise. It was nice.

About an hour later, I received an email from a wedding consultant in New England requesting a bid on my button blooms for a swanky wedding. Not only is the business and interest a nice nod, but she told me that this particular wedding will be appearing in a coffee table book called Brides Across America so if I was selected, my work might very well be included! I know this line has been used before, but " I'm just honored to be considered..."

Woo Hoo! just got an email from the event planner and they would like to use my blooms for the dessert buffet tables! Contract on its way!
My mom, arrived a few hours later along with my quilt from Back Porch Quilters. I ripped that box open like a kid on Christmas morning! It was so special having my mom there because my mom comes from a long line of quilters. Her approval was nothing short of an "A." I was delighted at her response as I laid it out on my bed. This quilt is the most wonderful thing my hands have ever created! I just need to attach the trim and it will be ready for life at the Isaacs' house!


The final creative excitement of the day was that I completed the fabric album for my client's children as a "thank you" for 1 1/2 years of business. It may not seem like all that big of a deal, but I made the book without instructions and on the grumpiest machine in the world. I just felt a wonderful sense of accomplishment and that special joy that comes from giving from the heart.


It was so nice to share my news and show the quilt and fabric album to my husband. I could tell he was excited for me and proud that my creative life was evolving. But most of all - regardless of the acknowledgment from outside sources, I'm just glad that I feel good about my work today.

3 comments:

  1. JILLIENE!!!!! WOOOO HOOOOO!!! That is INCREDIBLE NEWS! The Etsy feature is so super stinkin' cool! YAY!! The fancy wedding gig is a **DREAM** so special.

    *YOU* ROCK!
    Congratulations!
    jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Great job, Jilliene on all of your accomplishments. I bet your heart is just filled to bursting! I've loved your quilt from the first time I saw it on Flickr, and now it has a cool story, too.

    You may say that it's the universe shouting yes, but I think it's your beautiful, creative soul who has created your joy and success. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jill,
    So glad that you are happy with your quilt. It is going to be very happy living in your cheerful home!
    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete