Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Just a Little Chit Chat While I'm Working on My Next Crafty Post

This isn't a crafty post I am afraid. I am working on a good one full of photos but in the mean time, I thought I would share a story so I can post a photo that made me laugh so hard I almost peed my pants.

My poor Maine Coon.  I have two long haired, but one is an albino and he has been itching and licking much more than usual so his beautiful long white coat is now fashioned like a poodle.  It is too pathetic to post a photo and I don't want anyone to think I am neglecting my animal.  I am not. I adore my kitties.

He is still super playful, cuddly and eating just fine.  He isn't depressed and while we have had our share of drama in the Isaacs' household recently, I don't think he is stressed out.  I know it isn't ring worm because the location is off, plus his brother is just fine.  Because of this, I decided that before I took him to the vet, I'd talk to my guy at Petsmart.  As usual, he was super helpful.  We are looking at 2 things:
  1. At the time the licking increased I made a couple changes.  One was that I bought a different brand of cat food and it wasn't the fancy stuff.  I was out of food and it was late so I went to Walgreens and bought a bag from their limited selection.  It could be that White Kitty is having a reaction to the wheat- yes its weird, but he may be Gluten intolerant. (Btw- his name is Paris but I like White Kitty better.  His brother is an orange Maine Coon named Bo and I call him... [surprise!] Orange Kitty.  My kids hate it but IMHO my names are really sweet, very enduring and authentic to who they are as individuals...but I digress.)  So I bought the rice based food in hopes that it will help.  We will have to wait and see.
  2. The other change was that I bought the Costco flea treatment generic for Frontline.  It was $50 cheaper and I like other Kirkland products so I thought it would be OK. Petsmart guy said a number of his customers have had trouble with it.  Unfortunately, we just treated the cats last week thinking an allergic reaction to fleas could be the culprit so I have to wait another 3 weeks before I can start using the Frontline again. 
That being the case, Petsmart guy suggested a nice Oatmeal based shampoo until the new food kicked in and the new flea treatment could be used.  The shampoo was $15. I passed because I knew if I googled it, I could find a homemade recipe. Amazingly, there were many to choose from.  I love the internet! This is the one I think I will try

Which gets me to the photo I stumbled upon that lead to this little ramble...  Ta Da....
This made me laugh out loud. I just had to share it.  That is all.;o)

1 comment:

  1. Oh, the joys of bathing a cat!! I have 20 cats (only 5 come in the house) and have given kitties baths many, many times......and I've received *that* look more times than I can count. Ha.

    Hope white kitty gets feeling better soon. Hugs and koochies to him. Poor fella!
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete