- I checked my VM and had 6 messages of people asking me how my Dr. appt went
- My teacher said my wax sculpture looks fantastic.
- I bought these beautiful stones on ebay for my midterm project for a fraction of the cost at other places
- When I came out this morning the kitchen was clean!
- My friend Emily offered to drive the kids to school if it rains.
- Aidan won his soccer game!
- I ordered new business cards
- I started a HUGE new project for a client!
- Patti ate lunch with us on Saturday.
- I spoke with Jen more than once this week
- I got a call from a woman I just met inviting me to get together for a meal sometime.
- We went to Starbucks yesterday AM for coffee and to play Uno with the kids and Lindsey and we saw Bob A.
- Cameron wrote a comment on my last blog entry that made me feel so good!
- Laura told me I inspire her.
- I found an old deck of Skip Bo cards and I wasn't missing a single card (out of 144)
- I got to hug Nancy J whom I have been missing.
- my family and Michele W's family went to see "cloudy with a chance of Meatballs"
- I listed a zillion new items on my Etsy shop - Its so exciting!
- I saw a bunch of people I love on Saturday morning and got to tell them so (and they said they loved me back)
- I fit into a pair of jeans that used to be tight.
Monday, October 12, 2009
It's the Little Things
So last week we got a little bad news...I started noticing the return of my pain as I weaned off my post surgery pain medication. We met with my surgeon last Wednesday and he said I have a classic "a-typical presentation" of Trigeminal Neuralgia so I'm back with my neurologist in a few weeks to discuss my options. The last resort is another, more invasive surgery but I'm not going there. I'm coping with the pain one day at a time; sometimes one hour at a time by soaking up the joy in the little things. This morning as I enjoyed my coffee, I began to consider how all the little things added up to a really big life filled with blessings. This is just 20 "little things" that took place over the last week that made me feel good:
Posted by Jilliene Designs at Monday, October 12, 2009