Thursday, December 13, 2007

Scrapbook kit-of-the-month memberships

I recently signed up for several kit of the month clubs and I have been like a little kid on Christmas Eve waiting for the packages to arrive! My first kit came from Sweet Pea Scraps which cost $28.00 with a membership. I really liked the combination of papers and elements - they are gorgeous and I know I'll use each and every item. Next months kit looks amazing too. What I like about their kits is that you get a ton of paper!

The next kit to arrive came from Simply Obsessed which is only $20 / month with membership. I have to say that this kit was my favorite based on quantity of items for the price. I just loved the variety of papers, plus they included sugar coated chipboard letters, KI lace cardstock, a large metal flower, Making Memories Hillary Pebble Clips, an American Crafts silver marker and more. What an amazing value and I'm really impressed with the coordination of items. There is a perfect balance of paper and embellishments.

In addition to the December kit, I purchased their Halloween add-on kit and the November kit. The owner, Shauna, gave me the member rate so I only paid $20 for the November kit and $10 for the Halloween plus no extra shipping. I could not believe how much product I received! I expect to remain a member at Simply Obsessed for years to come. Their customer service is top notch and their kits are incredible.

The last kit to arrive came from Studio Calico which is the Ann Taylor of scrapbooking kits. From the website to their online community to the packaging of their product, they are top notch. Every detail has been carefully considered and their kits are to die for. With a membership, their kits are $29.50 / month. The include an amazing variety of products from the hottest scrapbooking lines.

There are several add-on kits each month but you have to tune in at the midnight release EST on the 27th of each month to order one because the sell out before the sun comes up. I purchased 2 add-ons this month sight unseen because I had heard so many great things about them. I was not disappointed! The add-ons run from $3.00 for additional Bazzill to $28.00 for a whole other coordinated kit. I had Christmas money this month to purchase 2 add-ons but I don't think I will be able to indulge regularly since it was an additional $55 for the 2 add-ons I purchased.

I also want to mention that April and Scarlett (the owners) provide amazing customer service and are present on the message board all the time. Speaking of the message board, everyone there is so welcoming and there is a real fellowship amongst the members.

Studio Calico is a "must have" membership for the serious scrapbooker.

1 comment:

  1. jillene, wow, thanks for all the nice comments. I don't get to read blogs as often as I would like, so I'm glad you posted on the MB regarding this post! love the pics and the way you analyzed each kit. Good info!

    Thanks for hanging out with us.

    ReplyDelete